Carlyle Care Center
206 South Post Street
Spokane, WA 99201
map & directions
Contact: Program Director
The Carlyle Care Center (CCC) is a 127-bed assisted living facility providing residential and assisted care for individuals 18 year of age and older. CCC specializes in caring for individuals with chronic mental illness, but also serves those with developmental disabilities, dementia, and/or substance abuse issues. Individuals may have a court order requiring them to be placed in a residential care facility, be admitted due to homelessness, be moving out of the home of a family member, or may be receiving hospice care. Residents frequently request to move to CCC upon discharging from Eastern State Hospital, and Sacred Heart Adult Psychiatric Unit.
The program works with residents to help achieve the most independent lifestyle within their ability and assists residents to manage symptoms of mental illness while promoting wellness in their lives. CCC works closely with several community agencies providing case management, psychiatric, and physician services. Also, CCC will admit residents that other assisted living facilities will not consider due to behavioral issues, frequent hospitalizations and/or criminal history.
The Carlyle is a highly structured, 24-hour care facility which fosters a safe, homelike environment and a sense of community. Resident care plans are individualized based on the psychiatric, medical and social needs and preferences. Social Services and nursing staff offer assistance to help residents manage symptoms of mental illness and address any medical concerns. Residents are encouraged to make decisions and be as independent as they are capable.
- 24/7 Licensed Nursing Assistant care around the clock
- Licensed nurses on-site seven days/week
- Housekeeping and laundry services seven days/week
- Three meals per day plus dietician approved snacks
- Special diets including diabetic, mechanical soft, renal and cardiac
- Variety of both on and offsite activities including overnight campouts, fishing trips, picnics, dances/socials, exercise groups, cooking classes, bible study and trivia
- Assistance with daily living activities such as shaving, bathing, nail care, toileting
- Transportation to medical appointments including staff accompaniment if needed
- Behavioral management and coordination with outside case management services
- Assistance with financial needs including acquiring payee services
- Medication assistance and medication monitoring
- Wound care, skin assessments, consults to physicians
- Licensed cosmetologist on site twice monthly offering free haircuts to residents
- Psychiatrist from Frontier Behavioral Health onsite weekly
- ARNP from Gentiva onsite weekly
- Several beds designated for Veterans
See our Disclosure of Services for a complete list and description of all services provided at the Carlyle Care Center.
Who is eligible
Individuals 18 years of age or older with Medicaid and/or Medicare, unless private pay or VA-funded.
Prior to admission, potential residents are screened by CCC staff in order to assure that the needs and desires of the client can be met and that the client is a good fit for the facility. Another part of the screening process involves CCC staff reviewing the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Annual Services Assessment or the Spokane County RSN (SCRSN) Residential Discharge Screening Evaluation. These documents determine a potential resident’s history and level of care requirements and whether or not CCC is an appropriate placement.
How to apply
Aside from private pay or VA funded clients, there are two main options for assistance.
Spokane County residents enrolled with an agency within the SCRSN, such as Frontier Behavioral Health or Family Service Spokane, must contact their primary case manager for a referral. The case manager will send a request to the RSN and a representative will send a referral packet to the Carlyle for review.
If not enrolled with an RSN agency, interested clients may contact DSHS – Home and Community Services to learn more about acquiring care. In Spokane, the Home and Community Services main number is 509-323-9400.
Clients residing outside of Spokane County should contact their local DSHS or Regional Support Network office for options.
Due to various restrictions, clients who are not currently Washington State residents are encouraged to contact the Spokane Home and Community Services main number 509-323-9400 for further information and instruction.